Love



Daily reading: John 15:9-11
May 7, 2015

Focus scripture: “As the Father loved me, I too have loved you.  Remain in my love.” John 15:9

The passage for today builds on yesterdays:  remain in Christ.  Love is the foundation of our relationship with God through Christ, so we are to remain in the love Christ has for us.

God’s love begins with God loving us first, before we even knew how to love, God loved us.  The love we receive from other people in our lives is only a glimpse of the love that God has for us.

God’s mercy is wider than the ocean, God’s love is deeper than the universe, God’s forgiveness is like a strong ocean current that pulls us in and throws us off balance.
We don’t learn about this love by reading about it on a Facebook post but by experiencing in our daily living.  Our faith isn’t to remain in our heads.  Love isn’t a concept to agree with, it is a daily practice to live out.  

Follow Christ by loving your neighbor and by loving God.

Prayer:  God I thank you for your gracious love in my life, help me to allow that love to flow out of me and bless my community today.  Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Praying the psalms with gratitude

Grace

The Lost: A story about the older son