God is Love



Daily reading: John 15:12-17
May 8, 2015

Focus scripture: “This is the commandment; love each other just as I have loved you.” John 15:12

God is love.  Pure and simple.  Do you live your life as if you believe this?

I think many of us think it, but when we begin to describe our relationship with God, something else begins to surface.  We hear talk about how we have to earn God’s favor by our words and actions.  We believe that there are things we can do that can drive us so far away from God that we will never be welcome back into God’s presence.

Hear this.  God is love.  We are called to allow that love to flow through us so that as followers of Christ that love is evident in our actions and our words.  

Prayer:  God today I choose your love and I am ready to be embraced by it so that it overflows in my life today.  Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Praying the psalms with gratitude

The radical act of Communion

Those who walk in darkness