Chaos



Daily reading: Genesis 1:1-25
May 12, 2015

Focus scripture:  The earth was a formless void and darkness covered the face of the deep, while a wind from God swept over the face of the waters. Genesis 1:2

Our bible begins with this amazing story of God taking the elements of our natural world and with God’s Spirit creating life.  In it I picture God taking up a variety of items, perhaps seen as unrelated and then crafts them together in a way that they are now functional and interdependent.

On any given day, we can have a lot of chaos in our lives.  Problems to be solved, big problems beyond our control:  So we seek for God to come and sweep over us with God’s Spirit.

We may long for the past before we had to face what we are facing today, always looking back.  Or we may hesitantly walk forward because of fear that past pain will return or be inflicted once again.

So we seek for God to come and sweep over us with God’s Spirit.  

I encourage you to take a moment today to write down the things in your life that seem to be in a state of chaos.  

Look at the list and then say the following prayer,

Prayer:  God I give to you the chaos of my life, may your Spirit sweep over me and bring me peace.  I give you the list so that I can let go.  I give you the list so that you can guide my way forward knowing that in your capable hands order will come forth from the chaos.  Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Praying the psalms with gratitude

The radical act of Communion

Grace