Water



Daily reading: John 6:35-40
April 22, 2015
Jesus replied, “I am the bread of life.  Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.”

Water is a precious resource in the desert.  Native plants are designed to protect the water that it stores inside.  The cacti and ocotillos are always prepared for drought.

The desert has a striking beauty that comes from the illusion of scarcity.  It isn’t lush like a jungle, but there is life teeming within it.

Jesus says that if we turn to him we will never be thirsty again. 

I drink a lot of water in El Paso, I find that with the lack of moisture and high altitude that dehydration comes easily.  So I keep water on my desk and often times have it in the car with me.  

I think when Jesus says we will never thirst it means that he will keep us hydrated in his spirit as long as we turn to him.  Our spirits won’t become dehydrated if we take time each day to focus on his presence in our lives.  Faithfulness is a choice we make each day.

Prayer:  Christ, quench my spiritual thirst today.  May I conserve your water in my soul throughout my day so that I can honor you with my words and actions.  Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Praying the psalms with gratitude

The radical act of Communion

Grace