Sustenance



Daily Reading: John 6:44-51
April 23, 2015
I am the bread of life.  John 6:48

We seek for sustenance in so many places and in so many ways.  We might seek approval from our peers for the choices we make in order to puff up our egos.  The same result happens when we boast about our accomplishments.
We might have an addictive habit that we tell ourselves compensates for what is missing in our lives.  And so we take on habits that pull us into a place of insecurity, doubt and regret.  We may even believe the lies we tell ourselves to support our harmful actions.

We all have ways to cope with the stress of our lives, from the deep disappointments we encounter, and the heart break that happens to us all.  In a way we are all living fragmented lives and we try and find ways to mend ourselves or to numb the pain.

Jesus tells that he is the living bread that will sustain us.  Taking time each day to focus on God and Christ’s presence in all of us is that salve I need to heal my fragmented life and move me forward.

My mom use to tell me to pray about what was bothering me and it made me so upset, because at the time I didn’t want to admit to myself that I needed help, but we all do.  

Prayer:  God thank you for so graciously sustaining us daily.  Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Praying the psalms with gratitude

Grace

The Lost: A story about the older son