Bread



John 6:30-35
April 21, 2015

Jesus replied, “I am the bread of life.  Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.”

The earliest Christians gathered together weekly to share a meal together, to break bread together and to remember the presence of God in Christ in our lives. 
We do the same thing.  We gather weekly to break bread and to remember.  Christ gave us something to do, not believe, but do.  So that we can have something tangible to hold onto, something that draws us together in community. 

Through Christ our spiritual needs are fed, we have to be willingly though to seek him for that nourishment.  It isn’t automatic.  That’s not what he is saying about never being hungry again.  It isn’t a one time meal.  What he is telling us is that every time we seek him he will be there.

Prayer:  Christ thank you for feeding my spirit.  May I see your presence in the meals I share with others today.  Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Praying the psalms with gratitude

The radical act of Communion

Grace