Resurrection



Scripture: Mark 9:2-10
March 1, 2015

So they kept it themselves, wondering, “What’s this ‘rising from the dead’?” Mark 9:10

Do you believe that God can bring about new life after death?

I know that I find it hard to let go of the past.  I find myself desperately clinging to memories and wanting to replicate them for myself and for my family.
I find myself like the disciples wondering out loud “what’s this ‘rising from the dead?’

We are people of the resurrection.  Even during Lent, we proclaim this fundamental belief on Sunday mornings.  Even in the darkness of the week, when life is truly hard, we proclaim.  Even when our vision fails us and we cannot see a way forward, somewhere buried deep within ourselves we know it to be true, resurrection can happen.

God can and does breathe newness in our lives.
God can and will make a way forward.

Prayer:  God breathe newness into the dead places of my life.  Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Praying the psalms with gratitude

The radical act of Communion

Those who walk in darkness