Healing



Scripture: John 4:43-54
March 16, 2015

“When he heard that Jesus was coming from Judea to Galilee, he went out to meet him and asked Jesus if he would come and heal his son, for his son was about to die.” John 4:47

I have found in my own life that at times I resist the healing power of God.  I like to be in control of my own pain.  Because at the heart of it, I know that in order for me to heal, I have to let go of control and God might not heal in the way that I want to be healed.  

I find that at times I resist learning because I don’t want to learn what God is trying to teach me because once again I have to surrender control of the situation.  At the core of seeking healing is a need to realize that God is in control, even when it comes to facing my own mortality.  Our bodies are going to fail us, some relationships will never be healthy, and some situations will not be resolved in the way we want them to be, but we can ask for God to guide us through all of life’s challenges so we can know in every moment of our life, God is with us.

Faith requires a blind trust that God will provide abundantly for us, whatever it is we need to get through the struggles we are facing.  It doesn’t mean that God will take the barriers from us, but will strengthen us so that we can face them.

Prayer:  God I hand over to you the things in my life that do not bring about life, help me to surrender it to you so that I can be free to embrace the life you are offering to me today.  Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Praying the psalms with gratitude

Grace

The Lost: A story about the older son