A House Divided



Scripture: Luke 11:14-26
March 12, 2015

“Every kingdom involved in civil war becomes a wasteland, and a house torn apart by divisions will collapse.” Luke 11:17

Part of the greatest struggle I find in following Christ, is following Christ.  What I mean by that is that if I am to preach God’s grace for all, then I have to offer grace to all.  If I am to preach forgiveness both offered from God and by myself then I have to offer it.

If I am to preach compassion then I need to be compassionate.

What we find is that we are like a house divided if we say we follow Jesus but if our lives are not a reflection of his work in our lives.

Prayer:  God help me to more fully embrace your goodness so that my life can be a fully reflection of your presence in me.  Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Praying the psalms with gratitude

Grace

The Lost: A story about the older son