Praying for our Enemies



Scripture: Matthew 5:43-48
February 28, 2015

“But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who harass you.” Matthew 5:44

This is one passage of scripture that we might prefer to cut out.  Love your enemies?  Are you serious Jesus?  Well as we read through the gospels we will see that Jesus was more than serious, he actually lived it.
He did not allow even those who worked against him to take him off his course of radically loving God and God’s people. 

We pray for our enemies not so that God will change them, but so that God will change our hearts and how we see them.

Prayer: God I pray for my enemies today and trust that you will in this moment of silence do the work that is necessary in my heart so that I can find healing and a way to move forward.  May my actions and words come from a place of genuine healing and not from hate.  Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Praying the psalms with gratitude

Faithfulness

Grace