Dreams and Visions



January 19, 2015
Scripture: Acts 2:14-21

In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people.  Your sons and daughters will prophesy.  Your young will see visions.  Your elders will dream dreams.  Acts 2:17

For such a time as this we need God’s Spirit to be poured out on all people.  As a native St. Louisan, hearing once again of violence in my hometown, writing on the eve of Martin Luther King Day, I am saddened.

We have come to a place where communication is difficult, where systems are broken and where pain and mistrust are prevalent.  Many have asked me my opinion on the state of my home town and my response is this, we need to be open to God’s Spirit so that our young can see visions and the elders can dream dreams of how to mend the brokenness and heal the pain. 

Will you join me in this prayer?  To be open to a new way that only God can provide for us?

Prayer:  God open us up to communication and solutions that arise sot that healing and mending can take place.  We join with Dr. King in his dream that is yet to come.  Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Praying the psalms with gratitude

Grace

The Lost: A story about the older son