Escape

As a mom, a wife and a pastor there are times that I just need to escape. 
It happened on Sunday evening.
I try to give as little detail about my kids, in the pulpit and on social media,
because they didn't "sign up" to be a pastor's kid.
So enough said, we have had a stressful stretch of time in our home,
you can imagine with a pre-teen middle school daughter
and a son recently diagnosed with ADHD and dyslexia,
two full time working parents out of the home,
one whose job takes him around the globe,
we have our challenges.

(Did I mention the dog who ate an entire container of fish food or the other dog that decided that our cloth grocery bags were a fire hydrant in the same day?)

So on Sunday while Dan was at youth group with Eva,
Harry and I were home together and he went about doing his own thing and
I sunk into the couch and watched some recorded television and just escaped
for two hours.

It was what I needed and I did feel a little guilty that I didn't
get out the art supplies or get on the floor and play Legos with Harry.
I just tuned out the world and escaped and I needed it.

We all need it.

Especially when we heap expectation upon expectation upon ourselves.
And I find when I am stressed out that I am not good for anyone,
my tolerance fades, my perspective is null, and I tend to speak before I think.

In hindsight I am glad that I took the time to escape, and the guilt is fading.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scripture as a guide and not a weapon

Relationship

Faithfulness