In the face of a national election ... just saying

I cannot say that I am all that shocked about the divisiveness in the political state of our nation, because I too live within it.  Somehow we have gotten it in our heads that we are right and the other side is wrong.  Compromise is not held up and we can always blame the other side for what ever is going wrong.  So with that said as a pastor I am eternally grateful that I am part of the stream in Christianity that intentionally leaves our political views at the door before coming together to worship.  For us in the Disciples of Christ tradition, we uphold that God is bigger than any given political party, dare I say that God is bigger than the divisions we create in our human family?  So rather than hearing from the pulpit a mandate to vote a certain way or else ... you will hear from the pulpit prayers for our nation as we go to the polls next week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Praying the psalms with gratitude

Grace

The Lost: A story about the older son