Romans 6

I can remember as a kid thinking that if God forgives then why not continue to do wrong, knowing that forgiveness is just around the corner. I was not wise enough to fully understand the complete implications of making bad choices, that in those actions and words I end up hurting not only myself but also others. It can become a vicious cycle. As an adult I came to more fully understand what Paul is talking about in this chapter. We can become slaves to sin. Yet God offers us a better path in life. We have another choice, one that brings about healing and wholeness, that helps us to feel more at peace in our lives. I really like this part of the passage as interpreted in The Message, from around verses 10-11 "From now on, think of it this way: Sin speaks a dead language that means nothing to you; God speaks your mother tongue, and you hang on every word. You are dead to sin and alive to God."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Praying the psalms with gratitude

The radical act of Communion

Those who walk in darkness