If this is the worst thing that happens today ...

... then today won't be so bad. These were the words my husband Dan said to me as I left for the office yesterday. Famous last words, I might add. Let's go back over the past few weeks to get some perspective. Recently we found out that our son needs surgery, it ultimately is a good thing, but as a parent we are anticipating the stress and worry of the day of the surgery and recovery. In the mean time we had a leak in our bedroom ceiling, caused by a bad drainage hose that a rat had chewed through! The condensing coils need to be replaced ($$$$!) and on Saturday afternoon the ceiling fell in ...

... so on Tuesday when Dan said those famous last words, (after finding a lone maggot in our garage that really grossed me out) what came after was indeed worse, finding a dead bird full of maggots in our garage (I guess that was the cause for the horrible odor and the lone maggot) and his car that wouldn't start. I began to see dollar signs and a shrinking savings account and I stopped myself. I thought about having a pity party or taking everything in stride, including God in my frustration, and really, really seeing it as another day that ends as a good story. So surprisingly I say that while any day might not go as I had planned, at least (or perhaps at most) I worship and serve a God that is bigger than anything and everything I face each day. I trust that God will indeed take care of me and my family.

Blessings, Leslie (This was originally written in April of 2009)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Praying the psalms with gratitude

The radical act of Communion

Grace