Finding My Way

O.k. so I will openly admit that I am not good with directions and I believe that a good sense of direction is something you are either born with or not. My three year old son, Harry already knows his way about El Paso and I don't (he takes after his dad).

Almost every day I find that I am in the wrong lane of traffic, or think I know where I am going and drive right past my destination. It can become frustrating. And I have tried not to let it be, rather I try and see it as a learning experience and a reminder that ultimately I am not in control. Often we can feel lost, not just in getting around town, but in navigating through relationships. through hard situations, and new experiences.

I remind myself that God has provided for us all a blue print for how to live our lives in the pages of the Bible. And a lot of what God has to teach us, is about how we approach situations and how we are to treat one another. We are in all times, in all circumstances to embody the fruits of God's spirit are "love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control." (Galatians 5:22) Driving around reminds me that the trip is not only about our final destination it is about the journey and the experience of getting there.

So with that I can with great pride say that I found my way to the pastor's lectionary study this morning (and my son's preschool) and now am off to find the place where the Downtown Connection meeting will be. I'll keep you posted!

Blessings, Leslie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Praying the psalms with gratitude

The radical act of Communion

Those who walk in darkness